In this document
Updated October 2020
Please do not use Akubo to distribute anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not use Akubo to create, send, or display:
- Campaigns offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate the CAN-SPAM or other anti-spam laws
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
- Campaigns promoting or supporting terrorism or violent extremism
- Prohibited Actions
We work hard to maintain the positive reputation of our platform. You may not:
- Send Spam. Spam can be in the form of bulk emails or one to one commercial emails.
- Send mail to parties who have explicitly requested to be removed from your mailing list. A link will be provided for all recipients to opt-out (unsubscribe) from your mailing list at the bottom of your email message.
- Email message identifying a different organization.
- Include in your Campaigns, Websites, Ads or account any material that was not created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses and email addresses.
- Use deceptive subject lines. The subject line must accurately reflect the content of the message.
- Decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the Software.
- Use any of the Software to create a competing product.
- Send mail to a purchased email lists
As an online marketing and data management platform with subscribers worldwide, We believe that it is our duty to be extra cautious in preventing the abuse of our services to protect our customers as well as their contacts. And it is also in our best interest to keep the platform clean because our reputation and deliverability depend on it.
Maximum number of records
An Akubo customer shall not exceed the number of contact records they are allowed under their subscription plan (ex. up to 2,000 contacts for Akubo Basic and up to 5,000 contacts for Akubo Pro 5). However, this number limit does not include activity logs, transactions and other records associated with a contact.
Akubo provides tools to help the customer keep their account secure from unauthorized access. Akubo allows customers to restrict access to their account by IP address and an email alert is sent to the account administrator when unauthorized access is attempted. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they proactively monitor their account login activity to ensure unauthorized access is prevented.
Akubo will backup customer data every day and will also do an off-site backup on a daily basis.
Akubo uses 3rd party hosting partners to host the site and Akubo Management does not provide any guarantee for availability beyond what is normally acceptable for website services as the distributed nature of the internet does not allow for guaranteed availability at all times.
Akubo will not be held liable for any direct or indirect loss of business or profits resulting from the use or inability to use Akubo’s services.
Account Policy and Termination
Termination of the account will include denial of access to the Akubo service, and deletion of all data in such account. Akubo reserves the right to terminate trial accounts that are not paid 60 days past the end of the free trial period.
- a. For paid accounts, access will be denied to the Akubo service 30 days past the last contract termination date and deletion of all data will be performed in 180 days.
- b. Deletion of account before the 180 days period can also be done upon request.
- c. Notice before data deletion can be done and back up will be provided for a fee equal to two (2) months of service or Php 25,000.00, whichever is higher.
Through publishing updated Terms on our Akubo Website, Akubo reserves the right to change any of the Terms. The new Terms shall become effective immediately upon posting and shall apply to any continuing or new use of the Service. We may at any time change the Service or any features of the Service and may discontinue the Service or any features of the Service with appropriate advance advice to all subscribers.